Senior Manager, Post Engagement and Education
About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity, and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer, and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
Are you passionate about Israel? Join us at UJA where we want to shape and solidify the ongoing connection that young adults feel for Israel when they return from immersive experiences. We are creating a dynamic post-engagement platform to harness the enthusiasm our returning alumni have for renowned Israel experience programs such as March of the Living, Birthright, Diller, Gap Year, and more.
As the Senior Manager of Post-Engagement and Education, you will report directly to the VP of Israel Engagement and play a pivotal role in collaborating with various organizations, departments, and staff. Your mission will be to design, implement, and oversee the development and evolution of UJA's innovative Israel Engagement post-experience platform. This platform will offer diverse and impactful opportunities for alumni to continue their Jewish journey and strengthen their connection with Israel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a comprehensive post-engagement strategy, work plan, budget, and metrics.
- Collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders to conceptualize and shape the Israel Engagement post-experience platform.
- Developing a range of post-engagement opportunities that cater to the interests and needs of alumni from a variety of Israel experience programs.
- Researching and developing an outreach plan which will enable the integration of Israel Experience alumni into other Jewish Identity initiatives, both internally at UJA and externally with UJA's partners in the GTA, Canada, and Israel.
- Implementing strategies to effectively channel alumni's connection with Israel, fostering their ongoing involvement and contribution.
- Overseeing the creation of the platform, ensuring alignment with UJA's goals and values.
- Staying informed about trends in education and engagement to ensure the platform remains relevant and impactful.
- Monitoring and evaluating the success of the platform, making adjustments and enhancements as necessary.
- Managing the work of a new hire: a "Post Engagement Coordinator" who will be responsible for the growth of our active alumni base and utilize their Israel experience to leverage post-program engagement and involvement in subsequent Israel programs.
- Post-secondary degree in adult education or related field.
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience
- Previous experience managing and developing talent; passion for helping people learn and grow
- Ability to work off-hours as required, including evenings and/or weekends.
- Current knowledge of marketing planning, with an emphasis on social media and the use of influencers.
- Familiarity with fundraising as well as with working with foundations.
- Familiarity with the Toronto Jewish Community as well as a strong knowledge of Israel
- Experience in creating and overseeing budgets.
- Proficiency in utilizing CRM systems and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build rapport with colleagues, lay leaders and donors and alumni.
- Proactive with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects, working collaboratively with staff as well as with multiple stakeholders to deliver results.
- Ability to think strategically and critically.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical capabilities with excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, innovation and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations, the Toronto Jewish community and/or experience in Jewish Communal Service.
This is a full-time permanent position, Union level H. At UJA we support a flexible work schedule and all of our employees engage in hybrid work. Engagement and connection are key to supporting the best employee experience and we want to ensure that this puts balance and well-being at the forefront of our approach to ways of working. In addition to a rich time off policy, UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and we support early office closures to observe the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
We look forward to connecting with you to understanding what you can bring to the UJA team and how we can support your career goals. To apply, qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume on the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto career site. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation supports a diverse candidate and employment experience. We are proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities. We encourage you to follow us to get regular updates on open roles. We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.