About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer, and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
Situated within UJA’s Integrated Development Department, UJA’s Development team engages corporate donors throughout our diverse community to support UJA’s mission through a range of high impact activities.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Development Operations and Philanthropy, we are seeking an experienced and resourceful Director, Corporate Partnerships, who possesses exceptional interpersonal skills, to oversee, cultivate and steward new and existing corporate partnerships across an array of collaborations including corporate donations, sponsorships and gifts in-kind to meet the fundraising goals of the Integrated Development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in the development and growth of the Corporate Partnerships portfolio
- Lead activities to develop new Corporate Partnerships and highly impactful Development special events
- Actively cultivate new corporate partners and sponsors to generate revenue
- Working across the organization, develop a full list of sponsorship opportunities to bring to prospective donors/sponsors
- Create proper systems to track corporate revenue and develop appropriate recognition mechanisms
- Conduct rigorous due diligence on corporate partnerships in protection of the UJA brand; understand and navigate brand and reputational risks.
- Working collaboratively with corporate leaders and senior volunteers
- Post-secondary degree in fundraising, business/marketing or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of related experience in fundraising, business development, marketing or corporate sponsorship at a senior level
- Proven experience providing leadership and working collaboratively with senior executives and corporate donors
- Proactive with excellent organizational, prioritizing and time-management skills
- A self-starter with the ability to manage complex projects and budgets, working collaboratively with staff to deliver results
- An ability to think strategically and critically
- Poised and confident, with high degree of social intelligence, integrity, maturity and sound judgment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, innovation, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
* This is a full-time permanent position. UJA currently operates on a hybrid basis, therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to work from the office on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Please note that UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# DCP-CAM-665 to: email@example.com. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation is proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities. We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.