The Camp Shomria Development Associate will join a supportive team in coordinating a year-long celebration of the 100th anniversary of Canada and 110th anniversary of Hashomer Hatzair Worldwide. This role will leverage the work of staff, volunteers, and youth leaders to successfully implement a multi-year fundraising campaign and reunion event at Camp Shomria in Perth, Ontario. This is a part-time, flexible work opportunity that is ideal for an individual who is creative, collaborative, well-organized, and interested in working for a mission-oriented organization.
Location: This is a remote position with some in-person work required in both Toronto and Perth, Ontario during the summer months.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $20,000 - $25,000, depending on experience, with health benefits package
Contract term: Part time (approx 20 hours per week) one year contract with potential for growth. Work schedule is flexible but must be available for some weekday and evening meetings. Occasional weekend work will be required (events and some meetings with volunteers). Potential for increased work hours during the summer (compensation to reflect this).
- Cultivate, solicit, thank, and steward a file of donors and prospects. Work includes communicating with donors, creating written materials, and sending personalized invitations to events.
- Manage the preparation of proposals and reports for donors, foundations, and donor prospects
- Lead the process of creating written and visual materials to support fundraising appeals and stewardship
- Contribute to the organization’s communications (newsletters and social media, website)
- Support implementation of a multi-year pledge campaign
- Work with board and volunteer committee and individuals to design and implement events to engage alumni and community members
- Support the coordination, planning and execution of a reunion at Camp Shomria July 21-22, 2023, including coordination with vendors, coordination of deliveries, creating visual materials, creation and management of programming schedule, etc.
Data Management and Administrative
- Ensure accurate records are kept in the organization database (CampBrain) and that mailing lists are current and accurate
- Support the administration of donations including processing donations and receipts, keeping records, and issuing reports
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organized, detail oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed
- Ability to balance collaborative and independent work and discern when each approach is required
- Strong computer skills, experience and comfort with Excel, Constant Contact, Canva, CampBrain, Weebly are preferred
- Experience planning small and large scale events
- Experience working with volunteers and board members
- Familiarity with Hashomer Hatzair or other youth movements is preferred
- Passion for humanistic Jewish values and youth empowerment
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising is a bonus
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who are eligible for accommodations will be provided them upon request during the hiring process. References may be requested following the interview process.
Camp Shomria is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
About Hashomer Hatzair Camp Shomria:
Hashomer Hatzair is a worldwide youth movement active in over 20 countries globally. Hashomer Hatzair has been at the forefront of youth-led experiential Jewish education and community building for over 100 years. Our focus is on equipping our youth with a strong Jewish cultural identity, a deep relationship and engagement with Israel that inspires them to build achvat amim ( solidarity of nations), towards a just and lasting peace, and a strong community oriented toward social justice. Located on Otty Lake, in Perth, Ontario, Camp Shomria is the Hashomer Hatzair immersive summer home away from home, where lifelong friendships are made. Days are spent swimming, canoeing, playing sports and games, doing arts and crafts, tending our gardens, making music and drama, and so much more.