UJA’s partnership in Eilat and the neighbouring rural Eilot area was established to create a fundamental demographic change in the region, through the development of multifaceted employment and educational opportunities. Investments are made in the following areas:
- Higher education including the building of the Ben Gurion University dormitories, scholarships and volunteer programs.
- Healthcare A world-class emergency room was recently opened at Yoseftal Hospital in Eilat and special incentives were offered to attract talented medical professionals.
- Education Increasing access to educational opportunities for Eilat’s youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
- Career Development Services vocational training services that retain low-skilled Eilat residents
- Renewable Energy Empowering the leaders of Eilat/Eilot to harness the region’s vast natural assets and supporting research and development in solar energy.