Executive Assistant to the Head of School
Who we are:
TanenbaumCHAT is a coeducational community Jewish high school. We offer an exciting and extensive educational experience, inside the classroom and beyond. Rigorous General and Jewish Studies curricula prepare students to attend the finest post-secondary institutions, to succeed in their chosen paths, and to become caring and contributing members of their communities.
Who we’re looking for:
TanenbaumCHAT is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to the Head of School to join our team. Reporting to the Head of School at TanenbaumCHAT, this position will assist in all areas of administrative and operational support in an extremely fast-paced, customer-service driven environment. The ideal incumbent is someone who is able to enhance Head of School’s efficiency by providing all-encompassing information; managing calendar and schedule, telephone calls and appointments as well as representing the needs and interests of the Head of School to others. In addition, this candidate will take initiative, have excellent computer skills and an aptitude for learning new skills quickly, pay close attention to detail, can function effectively both independently and as part of a team, possess high organizational and excellent interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel and ensure that executive adheres to schedule.
- Conserve and manage executive's time by reading, researching, proofing and prioritizing correspondence, drafting letters and documents.
- Welcome guests and constituents by phone or in person and field phone inquiries and manage difficult conversations.
- Assist with duties that enhance the performance of the whole school such as graduation, or other large scale events.
- Provide administrative assistance to the CFO when needed
- Other duties that may arise from time to time
Interpersonal Skills required:
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure but remain flexible, calm, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task with good follow through and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Experience "managing up".
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate a diverse number of projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with board members, staff, students, parents, media and representatives of external organizations.
- Time and data management using Microsoft Office and Google Calendar.
- Attention to detail and strong decision-making skills.
- Expert writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of community and its history desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters requiring high levels of diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Must be intuitive, practical, discerning and mature.
Interested applicants are asked to forward a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Please note that applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis until the post has been filled. We thank all those who apply for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.