Career Opportunity at Reena (www.reena.org)
The Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include a full range of administrative duties and functions. The purpose of the role is to support Managerial initiatives and recording as a part of a team, which may involve a wide variety of administrative functions, including photocopying, transcribing, meeting minutes, phone calling, data entry, research and reception back up.
Employment Type: Full time permanent
Workplace type: On Site
Compensation: $44,000/year & benefit package
1) Administrative Responsibilities
- Inputs electronic data and information
- Prepares and distributes documents – minutes, memos, meeting schedules, letters
- Monitors operation of office equipment and notifies appropriate resource as needed for
- Prepares outgoing mail, monitoring postage meter
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail
- Arranges courier services
- Sends and receives faxes
- Administrative support to management as directed
- Tracks policy sign offs by employees in database and provides reports
- Tracks registration for conferences and arranges accommodation and schedules
- Updates all individual related forms and data
- Sets up initial individual fact sheet and biography
- Maintains and develops individual data
- Acts as administrative support for individuals’ support plan process
- Schedules meetings and appointments, books rooms and orders refreshments
- Manages team schedule
- Takes messages and deals with situations appropriately, contacting resources
- Picks up supplies as directed
- Acts as back up to other administrative support staff
- Files documents, both physically and electronically
- Orders supplies for the team
- Generates monthly reports as required
- Responds to inquiries within knowledge base
- Manages supervisor and manager on-call system, confidential phone list and other resources
- Other duties as assigned
2) Reception Responsibilities
- Provides reception and phone coverage on a scheduled coverage basis
- Greets and addresses visitor inquiries in knowledgeable and professional manner
- Manages sign-in/out processes and visitor badge system
- Directs visitors to meetings or contacts staff to direct visitor
Formal Education and Experience:
- College Diploma in Office Administration or similar
- 1 year experience in administrative role
- Some knowledge of individuals with developmental disabilities and the non-profit sector
- Technologically savvy
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn new programs, databases
Creative Problem Solving, Decision Making and Initiative:
- Thinks “outside the box” to identify new solutions.
- Ability to evaluate alternatives solutions and identifies and acts on the optimum course of
- Ability to think imaginatively in order to develop creative solutions or options.
- Ability to think ahead and plans for contingencies and effectively prepares and organizes
resources and activities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Well organized with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize multiple assignments, meet strict deadlines.
Interpersonal Skills, Respect and Conflict Resolution:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Takes personal responsibility for resolving service issue in a timely manner.
- Produces good results when working with others by displaying tact, cooperation, sensitivity
and respect for the opinions and situations of others and their culture.
Collaboration and Customer Services:
- Reinforces sharing of expertise between team members and among teams to achieve superior services/results.
- Helpful and encouraging to others to learn new and different parts of their jobs by sharing
knowledge, experience and information.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
Please note all interested candidate will need to comply to the mandatory Vaccination Policy thereafter (i.e. boosters, as applicable); Reena will comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and accommodate staff, that for bona fide human rights protected reasons are unable to be vaccinated, based on providing supporting documentation that substantiates this requirement.
Reena is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
How to apply:
Reena is a non-profit organization that promotes dignity, individuality, independence, personal growth and community inclusion for people with diverse abilities within a framework of Jewish culture and values.
Reena was established in 1973 by parents of children with developmental disabilities as a practical alternative to institutions. In 1977, Reena began receiving funding from the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services and since that time has grown to provide support for hundreds of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. Reena offers a variety of services including: residential support, respite programs, counselling, therapy and advocacy.