Senior Development Officer
Ben-Gurion University Canada
Ben-Gurion University Canada (BGU Canada) is the Canadian fundraising arm of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU). At BGU Canada, we support the vision of Israel’s first Prime Minister, David Ben-Gurion, who said “It is in the Negev that the creativity and pioneer vigour of Israel shall be tested.” Afte the tragic events of October 7th, never before has the university’s centrality in rebuilding the Negev been clearer and more critical. BGU is in the process of launching a $1 Billion campaign and just secured the second largest gift ever to an Israeli University ($100M USD).
If you are a talented and experienced fundraiser, passionate about Israel and with a strong desire to join a dynamic national team, this position may be for you. There is the possibility of working in a hybrid model (2/week at home).
This position reports to the VP Management & Philanthropy, Toronto.
- Raise funds for Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Personally manage a portfolio of approximately 100 major donors and prospects in Toronto. This includes building and maintaining relationships with high-net-worth individuals and engaging in a significant number of face-to-face meetings
- Assist with all aspects of fundraising in Toronto and Winnipeg – identification of potential donors, research, cultivation, asks, and stewardship
- Coordinate logistics, invite key stakeholders, and ensure events contribute to overall fundraising objectives
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and help manage regular donor communications
- Promote awareness of the organization’s mission and work
- Help write and edit proposals for donors
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
- Analyze and prepare regular reports on fundraising performance
- This position may be responsible for supporting the Winnipeg board and working with them on local initiatives (quarterly travel to Winnipeg)
- 5+ years fundraising experience, with a track record of successfully securing major gifts
- Self starter and highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and inspire donors and colleagues
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities
- Active user of technology
- Familiarity with fundraising software and donor management systems is an asset
- Passionate about Israel
To apply: send CV and cover letter to Shimmy Wenner: email@example.com by February 26, 2024. Only those being interviewed will be contacted.