Bialik Hebrew Day School is a thriving Jewish day school educating 1,500 students at two branches in the GTA. Bialik’s success has been built on a program that blends a uniquely relevant Jewish mission with academic excellence.
Bialik Hebrew Day School seeks a Vice Principal to be located at the Himel Branch, in Vaughan.
The Vice Principal will support and work in collaboration with the Principal in the educational and administrative management of the Himel West facility, creating an environment in which our JK to Grade 3 students can thrive socially, emotionally, and academically. The Vice Principal will play a leadership role in promoting our mission and values, ensuring the smooth running of the school, supporting the success of our students, and providing support and supervision to faculty.
Requirements for the position include:
- Ontario Teaching Certificate or its equivalent
- Successful experience as a classroom teacher
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with students, staff and parents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current best practices in education, such as differentiated instruction, 21st century skills, classroom technology applications, classroom management.
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Principal’s certification
- Master’s degree in education or related field
- Experience in school administration
- Experience in staff supervision and curriculum development
- Knowledge of Hebrew
We invite qualified candidates to submit their resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2023.
In the subject line please include “Vice Principal.”
We appreciate all applications. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.