Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy
About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
We’re seeking a talented professional who is creative, knowledgeable, and passionate about the Jewish community for the position of Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy. Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing Operations, this role will lead the development and implementation of a winning strategy to market a key set of UJA programs and initiatives throughout the Jewish community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Exercise oversight and ownership for the development and execution of marketing strategies for a dedicated portfolio of UJA programs and initiatives
- Lead and manage a direct report to assist in creating impactful marketing products
- Work collaboratively with a team of UJA program staff to identify target audiences and KPIs, while ensuring marketing strategies are aligned with program goals as well as participant recruitment tactics
- Work collaboratively with other UJA teams and external vendors to ensure strategies are developed with the benefit of expertise across a range of disciplines – including design, digital, and content
- Lead project brief-ins and provide creative direction to other UJA teams and external vendors in the development of impactful marketing collateral, including through events, design, digital, and content elements
- Develop workback schedules and ensure all creative project details are captured and deadlines are met
- Work collaboratively with UJA’s central marketing hub to ensure marketing projects are planned, scheduled, and executed to a high professional standard and in effective coordination with other UJA marketing activities
- Ensure creative assets align to UJA’s overarching marketing, communications, and brand strategy
- Assess marketing trends and best practices in order to leverage the latest techniques to continually elevate the impact of marketing campaigns within the portfolio
- Operate in a flexible, agile, supportive, and inclusive work environment
- Anticipate and resolve challenges in a constructive, collaborative way
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience, such as in a marketing agency, corporate or non-profit marketing team, or related professional role
- Keen understanding of the creative process, including the interplay of design, content, digital, and experiential marketing elements
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build rapport with colleagues
- Proactive with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Effectively presents work, and collects and communicates feedback
- Approaches creative with enthusiasm and passionate about creative excellence
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical capabilities with excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, creativity, innovation and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, Israel, and Jewish-related topics considered a strong asset, as is experience as a Jewish community professional
- Familiarity with Asana or Wrike an asset
* This is a full-time permanent position. At UJA we support a flexible work schedule and all of our employees engage in hybrid work. Engagement and connection are key to supporting the best employee experience and we want to ensure that this puts balance and well-being at the forefront of our approach to ways of working. In addition to a rich time off policy, UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and we support early office closures to observe the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
We look forward to connecting with you to understanding what you can bring to the UJA team and how we can support your career goals. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# SMMS-MAR-704 to: email@example.com. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation supports a diverse candidate and employment experience. We are proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities. We encourage you to follow us to get regular updates on open roles. We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. #LI-IM1 #LI-HYBRID