About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity, and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer, and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: Fighting poverty and improving well-being; growing Jewish education and identity; countering antisemitism and hate; and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
The Integrated Development Project Coordinator works directly with the SVP, Transformational Philanthropy, while reporting to the VP, Philanthropic Operations and Stewardship given the integrated nature of the development team. Transformational Philanthropy focuses on fundraising and operations for transformational campaigns, including the Tomorrow (capital) Campaign, the Generations Trust Scholarship Fund, the Holocaust Survivors Fund, the Countering Antisemitism initiative, and other initiatives as they arise. We are seeing a candidate with an ability to deliver high level of accuracy and quality control, administrative support, and operations management of the transformational campaigns for this team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking and assisting with Transformational Campaign operations, including data management and entry, data reconciliation, billings, and tax receipts
- Working with Salesforce (CRM) to support the operational needs of UJA’s transformational campaign pledges and payments
- Prospect list management
- Preparation of resources to support fundraising activities
- Implementation of donor thank you process
- Customization of donor agreements
- Coordination of Capital Campaign gift recognition, including signage installation and other logistics
- Coordination of event invitations, RSVPs and some event logistics
- General administration support as needed
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or other post-secondary education
- Minimum of two-year experience in a senior administrative and/or project management role
- Competence in and willingness to work with numbers
- Experience in compiling, analyzing, and reporting information
- Experience with a CRM system and/or demonstrated ability to learn new software programs easily
- High proficiency in MS Office applications
- Resourceful, problem solver and detail oriented
- Ability to work off-hours as required, including evenings or weekends
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time-management skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships
- Enthusiasm, creativity, innovation, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Familiarity with the Toronto Jewish community would be considered an asset
This is a full-time permanent position. Union Level C.
UJA’s normal hours of work are 34 hours per week. As UJA currently operates on a hybrid basis, the successful candidate will be expected to work from the office on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please note that UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# PCID-CAM-657 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation is proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.