Mission and Philosophy
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewish peoplehood, identity and pluralism and ensure that Judaism is a compelling force for good in the 21st century.
Shalom Hartman Institute of North America (SHI NA) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, organized, thoughtful, and detail-oriented individual to work with our program team to ensure programmatic excellence in our regional offices. Based in our Detroit, Bay Area, Toronto, Boston, or Chicago office, this position requires someone who is exceptionally strong on taking initiative and follow-through, who is reliable, and a quick learner. The ideal candidate for this position will also have an understanding of and commitment to SHI’s mission, excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks efficiently and excellently.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting program logistics for virtual programs and in-person conferences, salons, and other events – including tracking attendance, preparing program materials, and setting up/cleaning up for events;
- Supporting the development of programmatic content through preparing materials for programs;
- Forming excellent partnerships with external vendors;
- Coordinating travel and itineraries for visiting faculty;
- Supporting with contracting and scheduling;
- Maintaining an accurate record of program and participant data;
- Providing general administrative support.
- 1-5 years of professional experience
- Able to work independently and “manage up” effectively
- Team player who is excited to be part of a global organization
- Passion for SHI NA’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple complex tasks
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment and under tight deadlines
- Basic proficiency with Hebrew
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional, customer-service oriented demeanor
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application
- Good sense of humor
- Ability and willingness to travel a few times per month
- Ability to staff weekly evening programs and occasional weekend programs
- BA / BS or equivalent
Salary and Benefits: Salary range $50,000 - $65,000 USD ($55,000 - $70,000 CD), commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/shalomhartman/job/tach3gohx5t4hj94ieuhtp3p6a Your cover letter should include descriptions of positions with relevant experience, and demonstration of successful expertise in the core demands of the position. No phone calls please.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with The Shalom Hartman Institute of North America. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who will be interviewed can expect a response within 2-3 weeks.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment