About the JCC
At the JCC (“the J”), you are part of something bigger. You matter.
The JCC is an open, inclusive, and welcoming community, where belonging is everything. The J has become one of the largest platforms for engagement and connection to community in the Greater Toronto Area; a place where multiple generations can strengthen their body, mind, and soul. Programs include arts and culture, aquatics, recreation, education, sports, fitness, daycare, day camp, and more. For over 100 years, JCCs have been serving Jewish communities around the world. There are over 300 JCCs globally and 150 in North America. 1.5 million people enter a JCC each week in North America.
In the JCC’s recently completed Strategic Plan, it set a bold and ambitious goal that, by 2026, the number of people engaging with the Prosserman JCC and the Schwartz/Reisman Centre will triple as the JCC becomes the centre of a thriving Jewish community. We are on a growth path of transformative change so that, when we’re done, 75,000 people annually will experience the JCC’s new mission; to be a hub of community, dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life through meaningful shared experiences.
Are YOU our Payroll Coordinator?
Under general direction of the Assistant Director, Human Resources, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll function for the Schwartz/Reisman Centre and the Prosserman JCC (full-time, part-time and seasonal staff). The position also includes acting as a resource person for employees and responding to a variety of payroll and time tracking inquiries, managing all complex payroll administrative challenges, payroll onboarding for new hires as well as ensuring the integrity of the data entered into the HRIS system and HRIS reporting. As part of the HR team, the incumbent will work closely with others, maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Manage all aspects of semi-monthly payroll related functions to ensure timely and accurate processing according to scheduled Commit dates using Ceridian Dayforce.
- Ensure all payroll procedures/regulations are up to date using best practices.
- Prepare all required semi-monthly/monthly reports and verifying part time employee time tracking.
- Update all payroll changes such as promotions, increases, terminations, and incentive-based compensation.
- Setup new hires in system once all sign-up documents have been received; create HR onboarding login details and communicate with new hires.
- Respond to all payroll related questions from employees in a timely manner, including confirmation of employment letters upon request, including password resets.
- Assist with all Audits and T4 preparation and distribution.
- Maintain digital personnel files ensuring high levels of confidentiality in accordance with JCC policies and procedures and digitalize the “old” paper personnel files.
- Review leave requests (vacation, sick, ESA approved, etc.) and ensure appropriate tracking for all staff.
- Work closely with both HR and Finance teams to ensure proper processes are followed.
- Process Records of Employment.
- Update and maintain email distribution lists for Outlook and internal JCC Newsletters.
- Ensure compliance with JCC policies, relevant industry regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
What you do well
With a diploma in Payroll Administration, and demonstrated Payroll experience in a like-size organization (300 staff for regular payroll and an additional 300+ seasonal staff through summer camp season), you can work autonomously with extremely close attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and process, while holding yourself and others accountable. You understand the importance of building relationships and supporting others. Your core values are aligned with the JCC vision and mission and you are willing to go the extra mile to make a meaningful impact elevating People and Culture in the JCC, fostering a strong sense of teamwork.
Experience using Ceridian Dayforce Payroll platform, experience using Ceridian HR Onboarding platform.
What you will receive
The opportunity to work with some of the most passionate, driven, and effective community builders and educators in Toronto. Be part of a culture that will continue to challenge and empower you to keep learning and growing.
What else can you expect?
- Swim, workout, and enjoy all our classes, programs, events, and performances with a free Membership to the JCC
- Generous staff discounts on paid programs like summer camp, swimming lessons, personal training, competitive sports leagues, etc.
- Medical and dental insurance through Equitable Life- the JCC pays 65% of the premium
- Free parking
- Time Off:
- Paid time off (PTO) for sick days, and vacation.
- The JCC Administrative office is closed for all major Jewish holidays, as well as all statutory holidays
- People-centered, flexible work environment that always puts your family and/or your personal life and overall well-being first
Reports to: Assistant Director, Human Resources
Job level and Salary Range: $47,000-$60,000, dependent on qualifications and experience. The JCC has a comprehensive compensation strategy and benchmarked salary bands, available upon request.
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hiring process will be made wherever possible. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Elaine Raifman, Assistant Director, Human Resources no later than September 25, 2023. We will conduct rolling interviews. email@example.com
We appreciate your application; however we will only be contacting the candidates we wish to interview.
Don’t self-select out if you’re missing a bullet point or two of this job description from your resume. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. If this job description energizes you, let’s talk.