Jewish Addiction Community Services (JACS) Toronto seeks to hire an experienced professional who will oversee the community-focused outreach program at JACS and assist with the Courage 2 Change (C2C) university outreach program. The desired candidate is a dynamic, well- organized, creative, and engaging individual with strong interpersonal skills, an understanding of addiction and mental health challenges, and an excellent relationship builder.
- Plan and coordinate outreach events, primarily in the Jewish community, which educate the public on addiction, mental health challenges, related stigma, and prevention tools/methods
- Work alongside the C2C team to plan and execute mental health focused outreach programs for university students (both on and off campus)
- Cultivate relationships with Jewish and non-Jewish places of worship, places of work, and other institutions in the Greater Toronto Area
- Identify populations underserved by JACS and develop strategies for contacting and serving them
- Act as a point of contact for community members looking for educational resources related to addiction and mental health
- Coordinate parlor meetings and other events for parents, family members and others interested in learning more about addiction and mental health for loved ones
- Assist with social media efforts related to outreach
- Represent JACS at community events
We are seeking someone who possesses the following skill set:
- Post-secondary education with 2-5 years of relevant work experience. Outreach experience considered a major asset
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills, and experience with Instagram and Facebook
- Experience in performing educational trainings/presentations
- Knowledge of addiction and mental health challenges, and preventative measures, considered a major asset
- An understanding of Jewish culture, the GTA Jewish community, and its institutions
- Ability to connect to Jewish and non-Jewish community members with patience and excellent listening skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a larger team
- Knowledge about network management, customer relations software, and social networking processes
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the email subject line “Outreach Manager Application”. All attachments must each be labeled with the applicant’s full name. In your cover letter, please help us understand why you are the ideal candidate by addressing the following questions:
- What interests you most about this position?
- Based on the qualifications, why are you a strong candidate?
- What excites you about working for JACS?
Deadline to submit applications is: August 31, 2022.
This is a full-time employment opportunity (40hrs a week) with required in-office hours. Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. JACS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an accessible applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. We will accept applications until the position is filled. No recruiters please.
JACS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code- protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.