About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
The new Toronto Holocaust Museum (THM), opening in spring 2023, seeks an organized, creative, versatile, and passionate Marketing & Communications Coordinator to ensure all the THM’s marketing efforts are executed with impact, excellence and efficiency. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, able to multi-task with proficiency, and will possess the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. S/He will use their talent to elevate the messaging of THM and engage the public in meaningful ways.
The THM’s Marketing functions include but are not limited to social media; website; digital, print and out-of-home advertising. This is a highly attractive opportunity to join the team developing and launching the state-of-the-art Toronto Holocaust Museum, the city’s premier destination for Holocaust education. We believe that high impact Holocaust education that is relevant to the world we live in today, can inspire discussion and behavioural change around contemporary antisemitism and all forms of hate.
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Communications, Toronto Holocaust Museum
- Work closely with the Director on the day-to-day delivery of creative marketing projects/initiatives
- Take direction and work collaboratively with Director producing innovative, results-oriented solutions
- Assist in the management of content development, design process, project plans, work-back schedules and approvals for marketing materials including but not limited to direct mail, digital ads, email, websites, social media, events, video, and print materials (brochures, reports, signage etc)
- Gather, organize, and manage all required assets
- Coordinate asset delivery and approvals with internal and external partners
- Conduct rigorous follow-up ensuring and timely communication of project status to all key stakeholders and according to schedule
- Provide final quality check/approval to ensure accuracy, consistent messaging, compliance with branding standards and style guidelines etc.
- Manage and maintain repository for all assets
- Coordinate and schedule brief-in meetings, brainstorms, and creative presentations
- Provide day-to-day administrative support
- Respond to PR inquiries and/or re-direct to appropriate staff representative
Social Media and Digital Marketing
- With support of THM senior management, develop and maintain a robust social media presence
- Brainstorm campaign concepts to target and engage key demographics and audiences
- Create and manage social media posts and platforms
- Use analytics tools to gauge the success of campaigns
- Research and implement industry innovations, tools and best practices
- Update posts to include relevant keywords for search engine optimization
- Measure and report on campaigns based on analytics, gain insights, analyze consumer behaviour and present findings to better enhance audience engagement
- Management and execution of paid social media and digital ads across various platforms
- Assist in the creation and distribution of key messaging via email communications
Qualifications, Technical Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or college diploma in Marketing / Communications
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing, Advertising, Project Management, or similar role
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines
- Ability to both adapt to and mange changing priorities independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels within a team environment
- Strong writing and communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new business processes and software
- Experience working with communications platforms and content management systems for marketing
- Experience working with a museum or heritage setting is an asset
- Knowledge in managing Google Ads and paid digital
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud or other design programs is an asset
- Proficiency in web-based design platforms such as Canva
- Understands the fundamentals of SEO and online advertising
- Understanding of design principles, copywriting, marketing fundamentals, campaign development, lead gen and marketing promotion
* UJA hours of work are 34 hours per week (full-time). Union Level C. Employees are currently expected to work from the office 3 days per week.
** All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the UJA's vaccine policy. Should you wish to see a copy of our vaccine policy please notify us.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# MCC-HEC-633 to: email@example.com. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation is proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.