Manager, Events Security
About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
The Manager, Events Security manages the events security program, ensuring that all UJA community events operate in alignment with UJA safety programs and event security protocols.
Reporting to the Director, Community Liaison, the Manager, Campus Security will participate in the development, implementation and management of all event security programs, working closely with all UJA Departments on all matters related to events security and safety. They will play a pivotal role in briefing of events and effective security support and coordination with external providers and first responders for UJA and partner organization events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support and advise during briefing and scoping of all events determined to require UJA security support.
- Ensure all security operations align with best practices and predetermined security protocols.
- In coordination with team members participate in the development and implementation of comprehensive events security and safety programs, policies, and procedures. Includes proper briefing requirements for all events.
- Responsible for onsite risk assessment within venue/event space and outlining any potential security risks based on assessment.
- Provide leadership for security personnel assigned to events ensuring that appropriate coverage is being met.
- Liaise with event management team to understand their requirements and work closely to initiate changes during event if needed.
- Engage in and provide security audits to partner organizations with recommendations for improvement.
- Serve as a liaison and, when appropriate, partner with local law enforcement and other agencies.
- Respond to (if necessary) and mitigate campus critical incidents.
- Assist with transportation and accommodations for campus guests with mobility challenges.
- Coordinate presence of Toronto Police Services and security guards at events
- Assist in developing disaster preparedness and incident plans related to events.
- Respond to emergencies and work with local law enforcement with investigations for any incidents.
- Analyze incidents with the goal of preventing and mitigating future occurrences.
- Maintain up-to-date best practices related to events security and safety.
- Ensure all criminal incidents that require mandatory reporting to government agencies are documented via security incident report. Ensure proper agencies are notified.
- Request and schedule security staffing at appropriate levels.
- Manage annual security calendar of events for UJA, Campus tenants and predetermined partner organizations defining level and scope of event and security team requirements necessary
- During periods of minimal events work closely with internal security team to support projects as needed.
This role requires travel for onsite event management. Flexibility in availability, including the ability to respond to security alerts and matters outside of our standard business hours is required.
- Full access to a car at all times.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role with experience managing both large scale and small scale events
- Security training, licensing, and registration
- Extensive experience in preventing illegal activity and performing access control
- In-depth knowledge of security procedures and surveillance equipment
- Knowledge of security industry regulations
- Advanced ability to coordinate responses to security breaches and threats
- People-focused with ability to quickly build rapport with employees and stakeholders
- Proactive approach with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
*This is a full-time permanent position. Union Level G. At UJA we support a flexible work schedule, and all of our employees engage in hybrid work. Engagement and connection are key to supporting the best employee experience and we want to ensure that this puts balance and well-being at the forefront of our approach to ways of working. In addition to a rich time off policy, UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and we support early office closures to observe the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
We look forward to connecting with you to understanding what you can bring to the UJA team and how we can support your career goals. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume. Please click HERE to apply. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation supports a diverse candidate and employment experience. We are proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities. We encourage you to follow us to get regular updates on open roles. We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.