Maternity Leave Contract (approx. 12 months)
About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
Situated within UJA’s Integrated Development Department, UJA Genesis is the organization’s volunteer mobilization arm, creating unique opportunities for community members to donate their time and talent in dynamic, meaningful, and impactful ways.
The Manager of Community Mobilization & Volunteerism reports directly to the Director of Community Mobilization & Innovation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of all Genesis marquee events, developing relationships with micro communities and partner organizations, in addition to all cross departmental (internal) relationships including but not limited to Marketing, Corporate Sponsorship, and fundraisers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of Genesis marquee events
- Organize volunteer opportunities among smaller cohorts such as B’nai Mitzvah Changemakers and No Hunger programs for schools and youth groups
- Liaise with UJA recipient agencies, particularly our partner social service agencies, to assess need for our programs
- Manage internal relationships with marketing: providing relevant content for creation of materials in a timely manner
- Schedule marketing briefs and updates
- Oversee the development and distribution of assets such as e-vites, social media materials, registration forms, directionals, “Thank you” e-blasts, complete HTML tests and coordinate final approvals with Director
- Maintain and track sponsorship relationships and build upon this network by acquiring new sponsorship dollars
- Create, establish and maintain diverse committees for all Genesis programs, engaging new and returning lay leaders, and scheduling all ongoing meetings and follow ups
- Manage volunteer schedules and communications for every initiative
- Maintain correspondence with partner agencies to ensure the smooth logistical coordination with our initiatives, particularly with regard to transporting goods
- Develop decks and meet with individuals and corporations wanting to give back
- Contribute to Genesis team structure and broader organizational goals, assisting in bringing donor’s volunteer goals to life
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience in communications and/or events
- Ability to work off-hours on an occasional basis, including evenings or weekends
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent writing skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build rapport with colleagues
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Commitment to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Familiarity with the Toronto Jewish community and/or experience in Jewish communal service is considered an asset
* This is a maternity leave contract position (approx. 12 months). No Benefits.
UJA’s normal hours of work are 34 hours per week. UJA currently operates on a hybrid basis; therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to work from the office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please note that UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# MCMV-CAM-664 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation is proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities. We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace, and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.