Manager, Campus Security
About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
The Manager, Campus Security manages the campus security program, ensuring that the various campus locations operate in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and are in alignment with the UJA Federation core values and safety programs.
Reporting to the Director, Campus Security, the Manager, Campus Security will participate in the development, implementation and management of all campus security and life safety programs, working closely with all UJA Departments on all matters related to security and life safety. They will support management of our security provider and guards who support our 3 campuses across the GTA assisting in onboarding and regular management of our properties including partner/vendor relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Propose measures to integrate security, safety and emergency preparedness into daily practices while maintaining support of other departments and functions.
- In coordination with appropriate administrative leaders, participate in the development and implementation of comprehensive campus security and safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and assure appropriate information regarding safety and security procedures and ensure the procedures are available in essential campus locations.
- Work closely with tenants and partners within our campuses to understand concerns/issues as they arise and to facilitate appropriate support of our internal security regulations
- Serve as a liaison and, when appropriate, partner with local law enforcement and other agencies.
- Respond to (if necessary) and mitigate campus critical incidents.
- Maintain incident reporting process ensuring that data is captured, reported and analyzed.
- Use the campus notification systems to communicate emergency situations and safety instructions.
- Provide and facilitate training for UJA Federation, JCC, and Security Team Staff, including emergency management and response, and crisis management.
- Create and deliver onboarding for all staff and new hires covering off security and emergency preparedness protocols
- Assist in developing disaster preparedness and incident plans.
- Analyze incidents with the goal of preventing and mitigating future occurrences.
- Assist and advise administrators on all matters involving criminal and or safety activities on campus.
- Maintain up-to-date best practices related to security and safety.
- Conduct and coordinate security, safety and emergency preparedness training by developing, scheduling and/or facilitating training for faculty, staff, and others as needed. Systems include emergency call buttons, fire alarm system, emergency communications, and notifications.
- Report any injury, hazard, or illness immediately to the appropriate department or administrator.
- Formulates policy and develops training for staff response in various situations and interaction with all campus users directly face-to-face, and remotely via phone and written communication.
- Train, mentor and develop security team members.
- Ensure all criminal incidents that require mandatory reporting to government agencies are documented via security incident report. Ensure proper agencies are notified.
- Request and schedule security staffing at appropriate levels.
- Protect confidentiality of all sensitive records, documentation, and information.
- Travel between campuses is required.
This role requires travel between the various campuses. Flexibility in availability, including the ability to respond to security alerts and matters outside of our standard business hours is required.
- Full access to a car at all times.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Security training, licensing, and registration
- Extensive experience in preventing illegal activity and performing access control
- In-depth knowledge of security procedures and surveillance equipment
- Knowledge of security industry regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of access control and CCTV systems
- Advanced ability to coordinate responses to security breaches and threats
- People-focused with ability to quickly build rapport with employees and stakeholders
- Proactive approach with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
*This is a full-time permanent position. Union Level G. At UJA we support a flexible work schedule, and all of our employees engage in hybrid work. Engagement and connection are key to supporting the best employee experience and we want to ensure that this puts balance and well-being at the forefront of our approach to ways of working. In addition to a rich time off policy, UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and we support early office closures to observe the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
We look forward to connecting with you to understanding what you can bring to the UJA team and how we can support your career goals. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume. Please click HERE to apply. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation supports a diverse candidate and employment experience. We are proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities. We encourage you to follow us to get regular updates on open roles. We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.