About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
Working with the IT Operations Team, the Event Technology Specialist is part of a team mandated with the support of the UJA Federation’s Information Technology hardware, software, data, infrastructure, and audio video equipment supporting multiple organizations and agencies operating out of multiple locations. the Event Technology Specialist is responsible for planning and facilitating a positive, consistent, and flawless meeting experience for onsite and remote participants.
This position will be based out of 4600 Bathurst Street & 9600 Bathurst Street and work a Sunday to Thursday schedule.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing high quality, client focused corporate boardroom event and technology services through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of required AV equipment, and ensuring that all participants are appropriately connected, whether onsite or remote.
- Liaising with respective personnel to provide onsite and remote event and boardroom support for events ranging from 2-100 attendees.
- Assisting with video conference, and online meetings through Cisco WebEx, MS Teams and Zoom.
- Monitoring and managing meetings or events onsite and remotely, assisting with content sharing and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Planning the full end-to-end audience experience, working directly with clients on event needs from pre-event activities to post-event engagement.
- Responding to Incident, Problem and Change Requests within defined SLAs.
- Collaborating with internal and external technical support resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues affecting the boardroom experience.
- Assisting with refining, documenting, and implementing processes and operational checklists.
- Assisting members of the IT Operations team with other duties as required, including but not limited to providing level 1 and level 2 support for helpdesk tickets.
- Completion of post-secondary education in an IT related program.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a similar role.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve basic to intermediary types of issues.
- Ability to follow documented processes and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple deliverables, prioritizing requests with attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate event / meeting times.
* This is a full-time permanent position, union level B. UJA hours of work are 34 hours per week. This position will be based out of 4600 Bathurst Street & 9600 Bathurst Street and work Sunday to Thursday.
** All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the UJA's vaccine policy. Should you wish to see a copy of our vaccine policy please notify us.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# ETS-IT-647 to: email@example.com. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation is proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.