Director, Omnichannel Marketing, Integrated Fundraising
About UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
At UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, our vision is to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Jewish values. Together with our philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership, we’re changing lives.
As one of North America’s leading Jewish non-profits, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world. UJA advances this mission through fundraising, programs, and research focused on our strategic pillars: fighting poverty and improving well-being, growing Jewish education and identity, countering antisemitism and hate, and strengthening connections with Israel and Jewish communities worldwide.
About the Opportunity
UJA is seeking a results-driven and knowledgeable Director, Omnichannel marketing to join our team. The Director will rely on their expertise to develop omnichannel recommendations across digital channels. As a key member of UJA’s Annual Campaign Team, the Director, Omnichannel marketing is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive plan to achieve annual targets related to revenue and number of gifts from donors giving between $1 and $9,999 - utilizing, phone, mail and digital channels. They will also oversee UJA’s Donor Outreach team – an internal call center focused on fundraising for the Annual Campaign.
Leveraging Salesforce, our CRM, the Director, Omnichannel marketing will determine priority segments for direct marketing campaigns in order to hit revenue targets and to improve donor retention.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own the development and implementation a robust omnichannel strategy to acquire, renew and retain donors to UJA’s annual campaign.
- Create multi-platform direct marketing strategies to meet ambitious growth targets for revenue and donor base expansion over the next three years.
- Implement peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives and targeted campaigns for community priorities.
- In collaboration with UJA’s digital marketing and creative colleagues, develop and execute compelling direct marketing campaigns aligned with the UJA brand, informed by data analytics and integrating both traditional and digital mediums— leveraging each platform’s unique strengths for optimal performance.
- Lead the tracking, analysis and reporting of campaigns from creative brief to program execution to result.
- Conduct and interpret research, analyze market and donor data; capitalize on marketing trends, constantly striving to improve targeting, donor acquisition and retention methods .
- Collaborate with the Fundraising and Marketing teams as well as UJA Genesis (our community mobilization team) to develop, execute, and augment new and existing fundraising strategies.
- Work with vendors to ensure the successful delivery of direct mail fundraising campaigns, including scheduling of meetings, content development, graphic design, printing and distribution.
- Prepare monthly financial forecast reports, as well as results and appeal/campaign analysis against revenue goals for all donor segments, including new, existing and lapsed.
- Work with Marketing and Fundraising teams to implement strategies to enhance solicitation campaigns, as well as promote retention, recover lost donors and increase gifts.
- Support data-driven direct marketing strategies by developing benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness programs
- Holds a university degree in business, marketing or a related field, with a minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in a direct marketing fundraising environment.
- A proven track record establishing direct marketing initiatives, both leading and executing in a hands-on way, and tracking for demonstrated success against KPIs/goals.
- Experienced in data segmentation, tracking, and interpreting, reporting and leveraging analytics data to identify and operationalize recommendations for continuous result improvements.
- A proven track record in robust and consistent revenue growth, with a passionate drive to exceed targets and go the extra mile.
- He/she will be able to juggle competing priorities and navigate details with a clear strategic focus.
- Strong knowledge and experience in direct, email and digital marketing principles and best practices, including CASL.
- Experience with fundraising / database platforms, Salesforce preferred, or similar CRM.
- Solid capability to develop and execute revenue growth plans based on strong business acumen with an astute understanding of industry trends, while prioritizing objectives in order to leverage short-term opportunities.
- Strong presentation skills, and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects from conception to completion with tightly prescribed timelines and budgets.
This is a full-time permanent position. At UJA we support a flexible work schedule and all of our employees engage in hybrid work. Engagement and connection are key to supporting the best employee experience and we want to ensure that this puts balance and well-being at the forefront of our approach to ways of working. In addition to a rich time off policy, UJA’s offices are closed on all Jewish holy days (yom tov) and we support early office closures to observe the Jewish Sabbath (Shabbat).
We look forward to connecting with you to understanding what you can bring to the UJA team and how we can support your career goals. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# DOMIF-IF-717 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Commitment to Inclusion and Accessibility:
UJA Federation supports a diverse candidate and employment experience. We are proud of our dynamic professional team, which reflects the diversity of the Jewish community and general community alike in Greater Toronto. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all communities. We encourage you to follow us to get regular updates on open roles. We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace and believe this is essential to ensure that every member of our team can thrive.
We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.