Anticipated start date is December 1, 2022.
The First Narayever Congregation is seeking a dynamic, creative, energetic, and enthusiastic Jewish educator for the position of Director of Family and Youth Engagement (DFYE).
This position is responsible for the following:
- Shabbat morning youth programs at the synagogue
- Coordination of the biweekly B'nai Mitzvah class, working in cooperation with the Rabbi
- Training and supervision of the teens who lead our Shabbat morning programs and those who provide babysitting during Shabbat services
- Supervision of the ShinShinim (Israeli emissaries)
- Coordination of youth programs for the High Holy Days
- Nurturing relationships with families, parents and children, in our synagogue
- Communicating program information to the congregation in general, and to the families in particular
The DFYE is part of a team of staff who are dedicated to taking our thriving congregation to the next level of programming and service to our members. The position reports directly to the Rabbi, and works closely with the Youth Chair, Bar-Bat Mitzvah Chair, Celebrations Chair, and High Holy Days Chair to ensure the integration of Family and Youth programs into all aspects of shul life.
The DFYE position is full time. Actual hours might vary from week to week depending on workload.
Job description at www.narayever.ca/youth-programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested individuals should direct their questions and resumes to Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16.