The Director of Community Engagement will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with the senior staff team. They will be ultimately responsible for the development and implementation of Temple’s overall engagement plan for Temple membership to deepen their connection and strengthen our community.
1) BUILD COMMUNITY AND CONNECTIONS
- Find opportunities for members to become a part of our community through identification or development of groups that meet their interests.
- Assist members to find their place in our community (e.g., Young Families, Seniors)
- Continue to develop volunteer opportunities and create a culture of appreciation.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with other organizations.
- Consult with Senior Staff to ensure engagement drives all our offerings.
- Work closely with lay leadership to develop and achieve engagement goals.
2) BUILD CAPACITY FOR ENGAGEMENT
- Being staff partner to help develop, design and implement innovative programs in the areas of Adult Studies, family engagement, social action (Tikkun Olam), Seniors, and our special interest groups.
- To serve as a link between our clergy, professional staff, and lay leaders to ensure all programs meet best practices for engagement
3) MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Work with lay leaders and committees on the development of a robust marketing strategy including coordination of email, social media and print resources for Temple, School and Preschool
- Work with the Communications manager to development strategic content to engage members and create meaningful interactions over time.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engagement in a relationship driven environment.
- Experience in a CRM-based environment.
- Knowledge of community organizations and/or social media strategies to drive acquisition and retention.
- Consistently self-driven and goal-oriented.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision making.
- BA/BS in business/marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com no later than December 16, 2022. We appreciate all applications but will only contact those who will be interviewed.