Position to commence immediately
The Toronto Heschel School Seeks a Dynamic Jewish Educator to Join its Teacher Performance and Learning Studio Team
- An Innovative Jewish Day School with classes from JK to Grade 8
- Pluralistic and Egalitarian within Halakhah
- Implementing integrated Jewish/General Studies Curricula
- Employing arts-based curricula and methods
- Dedicated to a collaborative teaching model
- Committed to Teaching for Understanding (Harvard University model)
- Committed to a strong environmental ethos
- Passionate about advancing progressive learning through a Jewish lens.
- A creative and flexible thinker who can meet deadlines, work with specific criteria, and collaborate on innovative projects within clearly defined parameters.
- An experienced educator with proven ability to develop user-ready learning programs and materials through the whole development cycle: conceptualization, development of teacher guides and student materials, guiding faculty in use of materials; iterative revision of materials based on evaluation of their efficacy.
- Familiar with progressive learning methods including, interdisciplinary learning, learning through the Arts, inductive / discovery-based learning, Big Ideas learning, project-based learning.
- A strong writer in English and/or Hebrew (depending on role) with excellent skills in word processing, PowerPoint, and other software required for curriculum and program development.
- For immediate hire: Candidates with interest and ability to develop programs and materials in Jewish History (middle-school level) and Project Based Mathematics (middle-school level).
- Fluent in English and/or Hebrew (depending on role)
- Background in the Arts is an asset
- Background in other languages (e.g. French, Arabic) an asset
Terms & Work Environment:
- Hybrid in-person / virtual work environment
- Hourly compensation commensurate with experience
- Project-based, part-time with potential to grow
Interested applicants are asked to forward a cover letter and current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply for this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.