Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, engagement and management of volunteers. Every day will bring new challenges, learning experiences and opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the children and families we support.
For over 15 years, Chai Lifeline Canada has been providing services and programs to children and families who are living with chronic or life-threatening pediatric illness. At Chai Lifeline Canada you will be part of a team that is dedicated to living our core values, leading with integrity and mutual respect for one-another. We provide care and love to families in need and in doing so we work beyond our roles with empathy, dedication and humility.
- Execute strategic plan for volunteer recruitment
- Implements volunteer recruitment strategies (campus, corporate, and community environments)
- Represent Chai Lifeline Canada at community events, schools and campus fairs
- Work alongside marketing coordinator to develop successful volunteer recruitment campaigns and maintain social media presence
Volunteer Management and Engagement
- Interview, train and match volunteers with clients
- Assists in planning and executing volunteer appreciation events
- Coordinate with ‘community cooks’ and volunteer drivers for meal delivery
- Work alongside case managers to ensure volunteers are available to assist families as needed
- Oversee Big Sibling program assisting as needed with ideas and suggestions for fun and interesting outings
- Ensure activities are being logged and volunteers are reimbursed in a timely manner
- Source appropriate volunteers for family services and fundraising events and manage volunteers at events
- Conduct and maintain research on volunteer trends in the community
- Oversee sourcing and purchasing volunteer swag as needed
Personal Traits and Professional Qualifications:
- Passion for the work of Chai Lifeline Canada and desire to positively impact our community
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment and also independently
- Able to think outside the box and develop new recruiting methods specific to the targeted communities
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, WhatsApp and various social media channels.
- Experience in event planning is an asset
- Ability to coordinate and manage tasks of volunteer groups
- Has a good understanding of cultural norms in the community
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
Why work for Chai?!
- Comprehensive benefits
- Generous vacation including all Jewish holidays
- Great culture - we’re always here to help each other out!
- Flexible working schedule
- Continuous education allowance
Interested applicants should email their resume to email@example.com
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chai Lifeline Canada is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To learn more about Chai Lifeline Canada please visit our website www.chailifelinecanada.org