Category: Leadership Team
Reports to: Associate Director, Director of JCC Camping
Direct Reports: Specialists, Contracted Programs
ABOUT CENTRE CAMP
VISION | Who We Are
Centre Camp is the destination where children in the Greater Toronto community come together to explore, celebrate, and nurture their Jewish life and connection to Israel. Centre Camp is a place to foster independence and a true camp community while growing leaders of tomorrow within a classic summer camp environment.
MISSION | How We Show It
The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp provides outdoor adventure and fun for campers every day. Through our caring and inspiring staff, creative and exciting programming situated in our state-of-the-art facilities, we provide children with life changing experiences while building a strong connection to the Jewish community. We foster a sense of adventure and love of the outdoors while encouraging teamwork and inclusivity. Through our exceptional programs and unique opportunities, campers celebrate and explore their Judaism while developing a love for Israel.
The Program Director, with a preferred 2 + years of senior camp experience, is responsible to ensure a successful camping season and helping Centre Camp achieve its mission and goals. In particular, the Program Director is responsible to oversee all aspects of programming at camp. This includes the daily schedules, camp calendar, theme days, flagpole, and special events. As part of the Leadership Team, you may be called upon to handle and coordinate issues or tasks that don’t necessarily fall into the scope of your specific position.
- Work as an integral member of the Leadership Team
- Assist in the recruitment of program staff
- Assist in planning pre-camp staff training and staff engagement throughout the summer
- Responsible for creation and execution of camp calendar including theme days, field trips and special events
- Develop and maintain the master schedule
- Conduct ongoing program evaluations to ensure the programs are meeting the needs of the campers, staff
- Pro-actively identify and solve program challenges and areas of concern
- Meet regularly with the program staff
- Remain visible and accessible by participating in camp programs when able
- Foster new ideas from staff, and use knowledge of each individual to find opportunities for new programming at camp
- Ensure programming at camp connects to community, living a Jewish life and connections to Israel
- Maintain inventory and order supplies as required
- Set up and take down of special events and daily activities, as required
- Engage with the camp community (staff, campers, families) to offer fun, memorable experiences
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive but is intended to be a generalized guide for the job duties. The Camp Director may change the job responsibilities and job expectations based on the business requirements, at any point before or during your contracted term. This position is also intended to comply with the greater vision of the Prosserman JCC and Schwartz/Reisman Centre.
APPLY HERE: https://centrecamp.campbrainstaff.com
We thank all applicants. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.