Associate Regional Director
Who is that one person who changed your life? Do you want to be that person for others? If so, read on because BBYO Ontario is looking for awesome talent to join our team as an Associate Regional Director, based in Vaughan, Ontario!
Associate Regional Directors play a key role in the success of BBYO by working closely with teens to create strong programs, develop leadership skills, and make their chapters great. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact throughout the Toronto area by engaging with and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet, and you like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and you love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you’re good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
We’re a global network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens with over 600 teen-led local chapters and 100 weekend retreats, along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and each day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and metrics driven. We are constantly innovating and developing new programs and offerings for teens, their parents and the local community.
What you’ll get to do as an Associate Regional Director:
- Work directly with teens to create impactful, fun and dynamic programs
- Mentor teens and deliver leadership training
- Work with teens to attract and retain members to build and grow chapters
- Establish an annual program calendar for each chapter based on principles of AZA and BBG
- Train teens as chapter leaders to run a meeting, plan a calendar, recruit new members, ensure program excellence, and create meaningful programs that attract other teens
- Plan programs in the community for Jewish teens in grades 6-12
- Build and maintain relationships with all key community stakeholders
- Recruit new members to join BBYO and to attend summer programs
- Facilitate the planning process, alongside teen leadership and colleagues, for regional programs including overnight conventions
- Work alongside colleagues to bring new, innovative, and fun ideas to the community
- Attend summer camp (but this time you’re in charge!) as you lead teen leadership programs
- Empower and inspire teens, volunteers and advisors through your mentorship, coaching and training.
What you’ll learn as an Associate Regional Director:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR, and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- How to work with a global team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities
- Professionalism and the ability to inspire and influence others to action.
- 0-3 years of work experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience working with youth or teens is preferred
- Ability to work in-person in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton areas
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional work hours (evenings & weekends)
- Ability to travel as needed and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks each summer, attend International Convention, and BBYO Staff Conference, as well as other opportunities as required
- A valid driver’s licence and vehicle
- Unrestricted authorization to work in Canada. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
Benefits of Working for BBYO:
We offer paid statutory holidays and paid time off for most Jewish holidays. We also provide excellent opportunities for professional development and a flexible work environment that promotes work-life blend. You’ll find friends, mentors, and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, bring out the best in others, and, most important, be yourself.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
Salary: $46,000-$54,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Apply here: https://bbyo.ca/careers