The World Union for Progressive Judaism is the international organization of Reform Progressive and Liberal Jews with congregations in 50 countries around the world. Canadian Friends of the WUPJ (CFWUPJ) is the Canadian fundraising arm of WUPJ.
CFWUPJ is seeking a part time administrator /bookkeeper that has experience working with QuickBooks and has strong administrative skills. The work will involve 5- 10 hours per week with completely flexible hours.
Salary: $25 - $35/hour (commensurate with experience)
The following are the areas of responsibility:
Banks and merchant accounts
- Bank deposits
- Administer Canada Helps donations and enter into accounting system
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts-Scotia Bank, Chase merchant and Stripe merchant
- Communication with Scotia Bank as required
Revenue – Donations and reporting
- Process donations of cheques, credit cards, securities.
- Issue tribute cards, tax receipts.
- Manage record keeping of all donations and tax receipts per CRA requirements.
- Communicate with donors as needed regarding donations
- Maintain Canada Helps pages, creating new forms for campaigns as needed
- Create wire transfers to beneficiaries in Israel
- Prepare reports of donations wired to the head office in Jerusalem
- Communicate with Baskin Financial and National Bank for donation of securities.
- Review, record and prepare for approval all board expenses
- Processing expenses via Scotia Connect
- File semi annually HST rebates
- File annual corporation return
- Update Corporations Canada on changes in directors, address, and any other changes
- Lead and manage year end audit
Qualified applicants are invited to submit and cover letter and resume to Les Rothschild: firstname.lastname@example.org